Popular Posts

About A Waist, My Quest to 23"

This mostly pertains to my most recent post (just below) about the measurements of many celebrities of yesteryear.


My closest measurement/height double is Vivien Leigh, but trust me I'm still quite a few inches off here and there. (She's slightly taller with a 23" waist) I tried to do some research on how women had such small waists (exact exercises) and I could not find much information. However, one lovely reader { Principita de Porcelana } was kind enough to point out that many women back then were used to being corseted as were their mothers and their grandmothers so their waists were "better formed" so to speak.

So (please hold the laughter because I'm a little embarrassed to admit this) I went and bought one of those elastic waist bands. My mother swears by them and she's nearly 49 with a 25" waist. So, it must be working, right?

Is it comfortable? Not really. But it's not terrible. In fact it was all right before I had dinner. I've noticed how straight I've been sitting all day though. So I'm trimming my waist and improving my posture. 2 in 1, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...