Popular Posts

Easy Glamour: Wear A Vintage Hat!

When did wearing a hat go out of fashion? I fondly look at photos of women in vintage magazines and catalogs and greatly wish women wore hats on a regular basis! There are just so many fantastic choices out there!

I completely detest baseball caps on women (although, I have been known to quickly throw one on when I go for a jog...). Come on ladies, let's bring back "the hat".

Did you know the hat is Dita Von Teese's favorite accessory?

"I also used clothes as a way to counteract my extreme shyness when I was younger. I wore a lot of extravagant vintage hats, which can make people somewhat intimidated. I think people will only approach if they have something very, very interesting to say to the girl in the outrageous hat!"

And speaking of outrageous hats...well, perhaps not outrageous... but definitely noteworthy... coming soon to the vintage shop, vintage hats from the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s! Oh, and one sun hat from the Edwardian era!!!

aalsmeerhoneycombhat featheredsunsethat birdsofparadisehat flightofgriffonshat forlibertyhat mylittlepoppethat salempeddlerhat harlowskisshat goldfoilhat tiltedrosewoodhat

The vintage hats arriving in our shop, especially the vintage hats from the 1940s, really have me wishing my hair was longer again so I could style it in pincurls and victory rolls and top it off with a pretty little hat. At the moment my hairstyle best suits a 1920s style cloche, but I rarely see these and when I do they cost nearly an arm and a leg *sigh*

Posting more vintage hat inspirations later on... btw, Happy October everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...