Popular Posts

The Dragon

Gao Ru or “Rosie” has finished my Dragon painting. It is exactly what I was trying to convey with the dragon leaving the hardships of winter to attain a goal in the spring symbolizing perseverance. I uploaded the picture into my blog so you could all see it. In fact, Rosie asked if I knew anyone else who would like such a painting. I paid a little over 200 RMB for this which is around 25 dollars. I think the personal touch is worth the price. It is not every day that you can personally request a painting from an artist. With that said if anyone has requests please email me and I can bring you back a painting.

Things have been pretty quiet on this front, but today I had one of those moments that allow me to truly see my progress. Coming back in the cab from teaching English I had a 45 minute conversation with the taxi driver without a pause…all in Chinese of course. Little things like this make me happy.

I am now into my two week count down for Thailand. I will be leaving on the 9th of April to go to Bangkok and Phuket for the week. It is finally time for some fresh beach air and sun!


--
Jordan J. Foley
傅力波

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...