These tips come from Christian Gordun, the CEO of Coupon Craze and also a groom to be! Christian says you don't have to cut everywhere, but these few tips can help you save some money along the way.
1. Sign up with a free wedding website for resources like budget planners, guest list management, vendor information and more! You can even email a save-the-date for more savings http://www.weddingwire.com/
2. Don’t spend a whole year planning, the shorter the time frame the more likely you are to focus on what is really needed (and find better deals).
3. Have the reception dinner on a Thursday and host a cocktail reception on Friday to save on venue costs.
4. Use your bar budget wisely, find out what liquors are offered through a package and create a signature cocktail with what’s available.
5. Flowers are always costly but there are more affordable ways to decorate such as using tree branches and tea light candles that you can buy yourself at a craft store like Michaels.
6. Invitations, programs, menus and more can all be created online... don't forget to use a coupon code for additional savings that can be as much as 20%! For example Wedding Paper Divas currently offers $15 off the $75 purchases http://www.couponcraze.com/
7. Favors can get expensive fast, so one trick is to double your favor for name card table placements and check for deals at My Wedding Favors http://www.couponcraze.com/
8. Often the biggest expense is the dress and tux – if you have five paid rentals, Men's Warehouse will give the groom $400 towards a tuxedo to KEEP or a free tux rental up to $180... I recommend getting the FREE SUIT! For brides, online exclusives can mean big savings – as much as 20% at David's Bridal http://www.davidsbridal.com/
9. Don’t be afraid to negotiate with EVERYONE! Caterers can cut fees or food costs, hotels can get you better discount rates in bulk... if you don't ask you could risk thousands of dollars wasted.
10. When it comes to the wedding album, DIY is a great cost saver. Use services like Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery or even VistaPrint to make your own custom wedding book – there are often coupons available so make sure to search before you check out http://www.couponcraze.com/