Popular Posts

It's in the Details: Feathers

I have this headband that has pheasant feathers on the side and it makes me feel fancy when I wear it.  (It also gives me a headache, but it hurts to be beautiful, right?)  I also love feather details incorporated into weddings.  Using feathers can easily be overdone, so this detail works best when incorporated sparingly.  A feather on your wedding invitation suite and then perhaps found at each place setting would be lovely.  Or feathers used in some of the florals and also in the bride's hairpiece is a nice combination.  However you do it, using feathers can add a bit of fun and fancy without taking yourself too seriously.  And depending on the type of feather (peacock, pheasant, guinea, etc.) you can incorporate your color palette as well.

Middle Row:  B. Loved Photography via Brides, We Love Pictures via Love and Lavender, Peacock Pixys via Brides, Kristen Hogan via Love and Lavender

I love love love that guinea feather garter!  What do you think about feathers used in wedding details?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...