Popular Posts

Preppy Wedding Wrap

A preppy reader wrote yesterday with this dilemma:


I stumbled upon your blog while looking around for a light blue (or light pink) cashmere wrap for my wedding day.

The colors for my wedding are pink and green and when I saw your blog, I thought I found nirvana. I was thinking about the blue to complete the whole "something old, something new...", but could go with pink, too.

The one wrap I saw in The Knot was from White + Warren and looks lovely, but I was wondering if there were other places for me to look and was hoping for some advice.


This is a great question for most brides. Whether you want to find a wrap for yourself or your lovely bridesmaids, buying a “pashmina” online can be a risky move. There are too many “import” sites that leave you feeling great about the price of the product, but less confident about what it will look like when it arrives at your front door.

I suggest sticking to websites that you know and trust.

Anthropologie has a great silk crocheted shrug that would look great for a non-traditional bride.

Last but not least, there is a site called Rocky Mountain Emporium that specializes in pashminas. They have a great color selection and guess what? You can monogram your pashminas. And you know how much I love a monogram.

For my own wedding, I made the trip to Canal Street in NYC to pick out some lovely ivory colored wraps for my bridesmaids. They were significantly less, but I needed to view and feel the fabric in person!

Happy Shopping and Good Luck on your Wedding!
SCARVES- TEAL PASHMINA STOLE from Cashmere Pashmina Group in many vibrant colors (TEAL)
SCARVES- TEAL PASHMINA STOLE from Cashmere Pashmina Group in many vibrant colors (TEAL)
CASHMERE CHOCOLATE PASHMINA SHAWL (LARGE) from Cashmere Pashmina Group in 55 vibrant colors (CHOCOLATE)
CASHMERE CHOCOLATE PASHMINA SHAWL (LARGE) from Cashmere Pashmina Group in 55 vibrant colors (CHOCOLATE)
CASHMERE MILITARY GREEN PASHMINA SHAWL (LARGE) from Cashmere Pashmina Group in vivid 55 colors (MILITARY GREEN)
CASHMERE MILITARY GREEN PASHMINA SHAWL (LARGE) from Cashmere Pashmina Group in vivid 55 colors (MILITARY GREEN)
ONE PLY PURE PASHMINA WRAP (SEA BLUE)
ONE PLY PURE PASHMINA WRAP (SEA BLUE)
Simple Scarf in Premium Bhaju Pashmina/silk Blend - 12 X 60" (Bluebird LC147)
Simple Scarf in Premium Bhaju Pashmina/silk Blend - 12 X 60" (Bluebird LC147)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...